The Beginning

crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Re: The Beginning

Post  crazycreator on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 pm

"Don't tell me what to do, you foggy lump," Calantha snapped, but she nevertheless trod down the stairs into the main part of the tavern, leaving them to their own devices.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:24 pm

"I guess it's just us now, eh?" Vythica said to Zephyr and the shadowy one. She crossed her arms over her chest and followed after the two males.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Seth locked the door behind them, and motioned them over to the opposite side of the room. "So, are you ready to bear the burden of knowing the location of one of the most powerful and torturous weapons in all of Fae-kind?"
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm

"I wouldn't exactly say that I'm 'ready,'" Vythica said, "but it seems like there are no other alternatives." She laughed humorlessly, "So, where is it?"
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:53 pm

"It is in a valley just west of the Blood Dunes, itself unnamed by Fae," Seth replied simply. That was really all they needed to know for now, more descriptive directions could come later. "Alright," he stood up and went to the door, unlocked it, and turned back to them. "One more thing- tell the other Unseelie and I'll kill you personally, he said cheerfully, smiled, and went back downstairs, leaving the two to discuss the directions, or lack thereof, among themselves.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm

"My, how detailed," Vythica remarked sarcastically, "will you be able to find that place using only those directions?" She looked up at Zephyr. She took a few steps towards the door before turning back, "I believe we should find Master Gracey now. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted."
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 pm

"I've heard of it," replied Hawthorne uncertainly, not too sure of his ability to effectively get there, although he did know of the area. "And yes, the master should be somewhere around here by now." He walked to the door, and looked back to make sure Vythica was keeping up.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Calantha had found herself a quiet table in the corner of the tavern, where she could observe all. It would be a while, she figured, before they completed their transaction, so she scoped out the patrons.
    A peasant that happened at housing on a lucky gamble. Too dirty.
    A...knight? with a well-made sword. Calantha eyed it enviously.
    Oh! But there was a baron, sporting a rich brocade tunic with a fancifully embroidered family crest.
    She formed her glamour voluptuously, to look like the wife of a rich merchant out for play. When he looked her way, she smiled, and he lost himself in an instant.
    She reeled him in and began to tatter the edges of his soul.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:03 pm

As Seth descended, he noticed Calantha was missing. Not his business. The girl was probably back to doing whatever pub servants do, and with the Seelies still upstairs, he decided to have a look around the place. Too many people. It would be nice if some of them would leave. After a quick glance through the main bar area, he picked his victim.
    He slid along the shadows thrown by torches and the dust strewn on the floor to a lonely knight, and began his fun. Making sure the prole was still sitting at his card game only a couple feet away, he drew the knights sword silently, and pressing himself close to the knight, one hand over it's mouth and the other holding it's hand gripped tightly on the sword, savoring the fear and panic in the knight's eyes. Quickly but painstakingly, he drew a long, deep cut into the peasant's side. Seth dropped away instantly and flew to the wall, holding himself in the shadows and waiting for the battle to unfold.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm

The Nixie turned towards her bodyguard, "Where do you think Gracey is?" she asked him. Crossing her arms over her chest, she added, "You would think he would've been the one to welcome us in, you know?"
    She stood beside Zephyr, "We should find the others first, just to make sure they aren't attracting attention to themselves. The last thing we need is a group of mortals chasing after us. I also want to check up on that little girl..."

((Are we going along with the plan that Gracey was murdered or something else?))
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:01 pm

((I'm in for whatever.))
    "That is rather odd, Thomas has always been quite hospitable. And we were friends when we were younger, however we've sadly lost touch somewhat recently," Hawthorne contemplated, wondering where the Master may be. "Perhaps the girl-Evynne?-will know."
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 pm

"I hope so," Vythica said to him, "I hope she hasn't run off...we really seemed to scare her." She began to head back down to where they had left Evynne.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 pm

"Yeah..." Hawthorne said quietly, picking up his pace a little as he heard noises from the room adjacent to the one they were in earlier. He put up a hand signaling Vythica to slow a little, and peeked his head around the corner.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 pm

"What is it?" she asked in a hushed voice. She stopped beside her bodyguard. She could hear noises coming from behind the corner but she wasn't quite sure what they were.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

The chaos in the bar was really becoming quite delightful. Of course, Seth had to break a bottle over another bystander's head to really get it going, but now there was plenty of slashing and bludgeoning. He meanwhile, pulled a little snack into an especially poorly lit corner of the room, the darkness aided by his putting out a couple torches, and with one hand over its mouth and the other on its neck, sipped on it's life forces as they ebbed out.

Hawthorne looked back around to Vythica, and kept his tones hushed to avoid attention for now. "Head back to the room- there's some sort of bar fight. And of course, entirely by coincidence, it happens to occur just as we get here. Well, at least it should draw Gracey out." Hawthorne smiled a little at the thought of reuniting with his old friend, for however short a time. The man could probably break up this small of a scuffle with one hand! However, he had to quickly turn his attentions back to the fight. How troublesome, to have to deal with something like this so quickly into their travels.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Calantha noticed the increasing turmoil and masked her annoyance with a smile. Looping her arm around the baron--Alfred or Ansel--she led the man easily from the room, as drunk on illusion as he was. He looked at her like she was a goddess, and she drank it in as if parched.
    "Am I beautiful?" she asked, just for amusement's sake.
    "More beautiful than the sun," he responded calmly. Too calmly.
    Calantha placed a hand to his neck, feeling his pulse. It sped up instantly, and she drew his patience to her. Forever, he would be an impatient man.
    When she rounded the corner, she saw the two Seelie and was in good spirits enough to give them her old smile, the one she used to have before that tragic night.
    "Having a pleasant night are we?" Her tone was only slightly malevolent.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 pm

"Sooo much fun," Hawthorne responded dryly. "And where do you think you're going? I can only assume you had some sort of part to play in this, so I'm not going to let you just waltz off with this poor man and eat him, or whatever you do to mortals. Although, you don't exactly seem like the cannibalistic type, so I assume you use them for darker purposes."
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:02 pm

"What could be darker than cannibalism?" Calantha mocked coquettishly. "And I had no part. That blur has a fanaticism for chaos. I like the shadows. Illusion." She raised her eyebrows. For once, it was the truth. "Now that your meeting has concluded, would you care to..." Calantha fought down a demand. She wanted to know badly the exact location. She drew on the mortal's patience, but like humanity, mortal traits did not last long, especially in a Fae. "Would you care to lead the way?" she finished quietly.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 pm

"I assume you would know," Hawthorne stated about her cannibalism comment. "Oh, we can just leave in the morning," he suggested, although he through something in his tone that suggested it was more than just a suggestion. He wasn't going to leave without at least saying hello to Gracey, after all.

Seth noticed a woman, most likely Drex, standing, stopped at the stairs, and figured it was his time to split. He drew out the last of the energies out of the insect, threw the body out the window, set it alight, and seeing that the flames weren't spreading to the whole building, slipped his way into the waiting room they were in earlier, barely a trickle of dust around dark corners near the Seelie and Drex. He positioned himself in a chair near the door, and looked bored.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Calantha pretended at boredom. "Yes, let's spend the night. Sleep on it, shall we?" she murmured monotonously. "Hopefully the place will be standing when we awake."
    She parted from the man, leaving him standing wide-eyed in front of them. As she trekked back to the room, hoping for a little peace before any more chaos broke loose, she pushed back aggravation and exasperation. What a mess. But what else should she expect?
    Frowning, she trailed her fingers down the long scar that ruined her face.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 pm

"It will be," Hawthorne affirmed with a set certainty, heading up the stairs himself to his usual room. The last door on the left had an enchanted lock, where if a specific key was used to open it the key holder would find themselves looking into an entirely different room if they had used any other key or had broken in. Hawthorne found the said key on his key ring and made his way to his room.

Seth appeared behind them out of the side room, and joined them. "I'll probably head in now too." After all, he was full, happy, entertained, and a little rest might just top off the night.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 pm

((So.... what's next? Very Happy))
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

((No clue, honestly. I'll put some thought into it. Any ideas?))
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:14 am

((Haha, it's been a while...))

Vythica had started back to her bedroom once Hawthorne told her to, but she soon found herself distracted from her quest to said bedroom by a knocking sound coming from behind the door of one of the many bedrooms in the hallway she was in.
    Vythica examined the closed door from afar for a number of minutes before her curiocity got the best of her and she inched closer to it. It wasn't long before she placed her fingertips against the cool wood of the door.
    The knock was louder this time. Unconsciously her hand wandered to the shiny doorknob. She felt compelled to open the door. As she carefully turned the knob, she found that it was unlocked from the ease at which it was turning. She hesitated. What was she doing? There could've been someone in there who just happened to forget to lock their door. But Vythica felt as if she had to open it.
    She pushed the door open and peered into the dark room. There was nothing. Just a bed, a couple chairs, a desk. Nothing out of the ordinary. Vythica laughed at herself. Then, she looked down. There, at her feet, was a body. And at the looks of it, it was only freshly dead. Blood pooled around it like a crimson halo.
    Vythica screamed.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am

Calantha didn't stop at the noise; she veered seamlessly toward it, as if it had been her intended direction to begin with. She approached Vythica, looking over her shoulder at the corpse. Foul play. She hesitated. It could be a result of the brawl downstairs, but... perhaps not.
    Withdrawing a dagger, she slipped into the room ahead of Vythica, shielding the Seelie hopefully from whatever was inside.

((What's inside? Razz))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm