The Beginning

emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Re: The Beginning

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 am

Vythica would never admit it, but she was greatful that the Unseelie now stood in front of her. She felt almost...safer with her in front of her. A creaking noise caused Vythica to jump.
    "What was tha-" before the words could even leave her lips, a figure stepped out of the shadows, drenched in blood.
    He was an Unseelie, that was sure, although Vythica wasn't exactly sure of what he was. His glowing orange eyes were hypnotic. Half of his face was scarred and ugly.
    He growled low in his throat and pounced.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:12 am

As the Unseelie pounced, Calantha lurched, throwing her full body weight, hoping to disperse his force. They tumbled to the floor, wooden boards moaning in protest. The creature knocked her dagger away before she could use it, his glowing eyes more accustomed to the shadow. Calantha's eyes became acclimated slower, the contours of the man gradually materializing before her. He was bulky and muscled. Her strength would be of no use here; only her agility.
    She lunged to her feet, and as he made a grab for her, she took out her remaining dagger and sliced the offending hand. Crying in shock, he drew back, and Calantha shoved him against the wall, disorienting him. She put the dagger to his throat.
    "Who...are...you?" she panted.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 am

Vythica let out a little squeak as the Unseelie's hand flew threw the air and hit the ground with a dull thud. Vythica inched closer towards the open doorway, backing away from the body and away from Drex and the unknown Unseelie. She had to be close to an exit if something bad happened and she needed to run for it.
    The Unseelie chuckled, "I don't have to tell you anything."
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

"No, you don't," Calantha agreed. "Although, it might be more favorable to never saying anything at all ever again."
    She pressed the dagger uncomfortably into his skin, frowning at this unexpected turn of events. "Who is that man? Why did you kill him?" To Vythica, she said, "Go get Hawthorne."
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:42 am

Vythica nodded to Drex and turned to leave, but before she could take a step outside the door, it swung shut. Vythica jumped in surprise.
    "Now," the Unseelie hissed, "I can kill you both without anyone interferring."
    He laughed as Vythica frantically tugged at the doorknob, trying to pull it open.
    "It's locked!" she said.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:48 am

Calantha extended her glamour to Vythica, making them a little less bland than the average human, utterly boring to the many-faceted Fae. Incredulously, she eyed the Unseelie.
    "Who do you think we are?"
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:58 am

Even though Vythica was busy pounding on the door in attempt to alert anyone who might've been out there that they were in need of help, she listened to the exchange between Drex and the Unseelie.
    The Unseelie laughed, "You are none other than Calantha. And that irritating Seelie goes by the name Vythica. You are looking for the Akribis. So am I."
    Vythica turned her head back towards Drex. "Wait," Vythica's voice was hushed, unbelieving, "You're Calantha? The Calantha?"
    She turned back to the door and started pounding on it to the point her hands bled. Everything had just gotten a lot worse.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 am

How did the niggling little bugger know her true identity? How could it see through the illusion?
    "Well, if you're the only other after Akribis, it should be no problem to dispose of you..." she murmured to the Unseelie, deciding she'd deal with Vythica's reaction later.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:09 am

"That's where you're wrong, Calantha," he accented the name in order to get a further reaction out of her and Vythica. Vythica stopped banging on the door for a moment in order to listen to him. "I am not the only one. Don't try asking how many of us there are since I won't tell you. But I will tell you this: Kill me, and my comrades will find you and when they do, you will beg for death before the end."
    Vythica gulped and looked at Drex/Calantha to see what she would do.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am

"Am I to assume that in in not killing you, your 'comrades' would leave us unharmed?"
    Calantha stepped back from the man, keeping her dagger at the ready, and an interesting illusion, should she need it.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 am

"No," the Unseelie said simply, "Your deaths would just be far less painful."
    Vythica turned around and leaned her back against the door and cradled her injured hands. "What are we going to do?" she asked Calantha. Vythica thought, for the time being, that Calantha wasn't as much of a threat as the Unseelie was. She nervously rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:32 am

Calantha's lips twitched maliciously into her signature smile.

There was a sharp rap on the door. Vythica turned, startled, but before she could reach the knob, the door broke inward, hinges crackling like crumbled rust, and dropped to the floor. A vicious, humanoid creature stood silhouetted; it had the head of a slobbering wolf, beady eyes, foamy muzzle. Before anyone could blink, its long, distended claws had closed around Vythica's swan-like neck, and clenched. She fell limp to the floor. With a hairy arm, it brushed Calantha aside like dried leaves. Her head slammed against the wall, and she slid to the ground, her neck at an awkward angle, her eyes blank. The Phooka approached the orange-eyed man, rancid breath slithering from between its fangs. It drew its clawed paw back to strike.

At the same time, Calantha struck his head with the flat of her blade, hoping to incapacitate. What an illusion. To die so easily would be absolutely pathetic.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:41 am

Vythica's eyes grew wide as she watched the illusion Calantha had created. She clamped both of her hands, despite the fact that she was still bleeding, to her mouth in an attempt to stop the scream that crawled its way up her throat. To watch oneself die, even if it isn't real, is a terrible thing.
    Vythica's legs gave out and she slid down the door and into a sitting position. She removed her hands, "What the hell?" She said angrily to Calantha. The Unseelie seemed to be unconsious now, which was good, but Vythica didn't really care at that moment.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 am

Calantha casually sat cross-legged on the bed, neatly placing her dagger on the worn covers. She let her own illusion fall, displaying her bloody, unfortunate eyes, her hair, her scar. Vythica knew now. She saw no point in concealing her true form.
    "If he thinks we're dead, less trouble for us. His comrades won't be after us. They'll be after an imaginary Phooka. Besides, I was rusty on my lethal glamours. It was good practice." She grinned unpleasantly. It faded.
    "You mustn't tell anyone."
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:53 am

"But you're a murderer!" Vythica said angrily, "Your crimes against the Seelie Court are well-known. How am I to be sure that you won't turn against Hawthorne and I and destroy us with the very dagger in which we are searching for?" She looked away from Calantha.
    "And your plan wasn't flawless. Even if they assume we're dead, we aren't alone. They may know of Hawthorne and the shadowy-one. We're as good as dead."
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:03 am

Calantha was silent for a while. She fixed her gaze on Vythica, hoping it made her uncomfortable.
    "The only crime I committed was trusting those who held political gain in higher esteem than familial obligation. I have no grudge against you or the monk. I see no point in destroying you with the dagger once I attain it. As to the last, you could be right. But at least we've bought some time, at the very least."
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:04 am

"Yes, but how much time is the question." Vythica said softly and looked down at the dead man beside her. She nudged him with her foot, "And what about him, huh? Why'd they kill him?" The questions were mostly to herself, although she really wished for some sort of answer.
    Who were these people and why were they after the Akribis? What were they planning to use it for? Vythica didn't really what to imagine that.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am

The skeletons of their poorly structured plan were already foundering. Hope was, as always, abstemious, it seemed.
    "Perhaps they were disposing of the competition?"
    Calantha retrieved her second dagger. In the reflective steel, she glimpsed her appearance and morphed her glamour to hide the scar and the eyes. Then she deposited both weapons into their sheaths.
    "They'll expect to find the body here, so moving it is out of the question. Maybe we can kill the orange-eyed one as well, and frame it so that their deaths appear to be accidental, both perished in the fight."
    She glanced at the unconscious one, and tried to imagine what would be more likely. Gutted? Stabbed through the heart? Bled out from multiple wounds?

emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:37 am

"But you heard what he said," Vythica said, trying to disguise the fear in her voice, "If it's found out that we killed him, we've sentenced outselves to a fate worse than death." This was bad, very bad. What if word got out that she, a Seelie, was assisting an Unseelie? And not just any Unseelie.
    "Are you sure you can do it without anyone finding out it was us?"
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:00 am

"Akribis is a fate worse than death." Calantha imagined an escarpment, still black waters below. Regarding that cliff, she had already fallen.
    "No, I am not sure I can conceal our interference." Crouching, she examined the man. She stared, entranced, at his inviting face. It was open, in the sense that a murderer's would remain ajar to ensnare his victim. Though his eyes were closed, she imagined them burned into her memory, glowing, chatoyant. Emanating from his skin was something potent, now that she examined it, a fragrance or perfume, almost cloying, suffocating, intoxicating. It claimed the atmosphere with vicious intent, turning the small room into his own demesne.
    With the sudden motion of jerking awake, Calantha found herself suddenly lodged in the present. She shook off her trance like sleep and flushed to find her hand on the Fae's bare arm. She stood and backed away, desultory despite shame.
    "He is... he is..." She looked at Vythica with open, candid eyes, brows raised indicatively.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 am

Vythica gave her a knowing look and scrambled to her feet. "I thought there was something...unique about him." Vythica said and she approached Calantha and the Unseelie. She was careful not to look the unconscious Unseelie in the face. Even though he was knocked out, she wasn't sure if his form hypnotism was still working. And from how Calantha was acting, Vythica was almost sure that it was.
    "We can't lug him around with us," Vythica said, "We could always give him to the Blur." She laughed lightly, "He can be his problem."
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:22 am

"These types of Fae would not target something like him, would they?"
    It was amazing they hadn't felt the lure of this Unseelie sooner, though the shock of murder had most likely dampened the effects until now. Maybe his scent was more affective when incapacitated as well, a defense mechanism.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 am

"I highly doubt it," Vythica said, "Plus he would definitely give him some sort of 'entertainment,' at least for a little while." She crossed her arms over her chest, "And then our hands won't be stained with his blood." She smiled at Calantha.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 am

Relishing her words, Calantha let them slither from her grin, diaphanous, slick. "Your innuendo amuses."
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:53 am

At first, Vythica wasn't quite sure what Calantha was talking about, but then it hit her. Vythica gasped. "I didn't mean it like that!" She said rapidly, her face growing warm, "I didn't! I only meant-Well, you know what I meant!"
    She mentally shook her head; all Unseelie were the same.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 pm