A Dustland Fairytale Beginning...

JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Re: A Dustland Fairytale Beginning...

Post  JustTheNarrator on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

"Sure, we can wrap it up or whatever," Seth said, wondering about the questionable practices that used to go on in the basement. It was more likely that it was some sort of underground doctor, maybe a plastic surgeon that catered to criminals and the like. "And whenever you guys can, I'll just start the research when we get it. Or I can just go and take out a wanderer, it shouldn't be too much trouble."
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

"Shouldn't be too much trouble," Rye mocked. "We got ourselves a prize--doc, would ya figure!--and now you expect us to let you run off by yourself, knockin' off vombies as if it's cake." Rye puffed up big time. "No way. Not lettin' you die. And yer certainly not takin' down those vombie things without me!"
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 pm

"I'm not saying I'm going out on a giant destruction, just a little expedition to get one. And I'm flattered that you think of me as such a prize, but I've been doing a decent job of avoiding trouble so far," Seth stated, not harshly, but he didn't want to lose his freedom and become a prisoner of these two.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm

"Well, now that that's settled, I'm going to go out and get a single vombie. Quite easily. If one of you would like to come feel free," Seth offered, not wanting to offend them, but still began to head for the door.
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:00 pm

"Hmm," Kaylyn said, thinking, "Rye, why don't you go with him? I'll get some plastic bags to put it in..." She walked over to where she had placed her book and held it under her arm, "Have fun." There was a slight sarcastic tone to her voice and she let herself smile.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 am

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be just wonderful," Seth said offhandedly, thinking of the best way to kill the vombie with the least damage to it.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

"That's what I werre sayin' to begin' with," Rye grumbled indignantly. Striding out into the hallway, he mumbled a "touchy" mantra to the door.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:38 pm

"Alright, we're off then," Seth said, taking hold of the handle and pushing the door open. "I was thinking the most convenient way for my purposes would be a clean-ish decapitation, if at all possible," he said mostly to Rye, pulling a quite large knife out of a sheath that he kept cleanly tucked in next to his thigh. "A sort of assassination mission, to put it more creatively."
    ((Btw, there's a total Rye-type (but male and Scottish) character on a TV show called Chaos that I saw the other day.))
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

"Doc's loaded," Rye mumbled cheerily. "Decapitation's fine with me if it's fine with yourself. I'm only packin' explosives and triggers tho'." Rye slunk alongside Seth, eager for the mission. "By the way, we keepin' the head?"

((Sorry I haven't written in a while. It's been super busy. Also, Rye WAS inspired by another character. It was in a book about the Fae, ironically :]--there were Scots in it too))
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 pm

"'Course," Seth replied with a slight smile. "Can't tell what's going on in there without it."
    ((Btw, what's the yard like? Is it walled in or something? Just so I know what to do/say haha.))
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 pm

((I figured something decaying...with old, crumbly walls covered with emerald ivy. But go ahead and experiment. Be creative and we can work with it!))
    "Yer the doc, Doc," Rye responded. She bounced from foot to foot behind Seth, her excitement cold, clear, and icy.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Sat May 07, 2011 11:14 pm

"Let's be off, then," Seth replied, picking his way through the overgrown grasses through the weedy flagstone path and to the massive crumbling cement walls that made up the edges of his new fellows' complex. He stuck to the outer edge of the walls once outside the gate, taking in the area around him and keeping his back mostly to the wall, scoping out any movement that might indicate prey.

((I'm also thinking part of the closed in area could have been a medical facility with records of questionable experiments, whether they're related to the zombie epidemic or not.))
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 pm

((That would be incredibly convenient... perhaps they could find an old, abandoned lab on their hunt?))

Rye followed a few feet behind, observing him trek across the yard with a general air of amused anxiety.
    "I don't think we should go to the east of town. Lots of grackles there, feastin' on the bodies. Lots of bodies feastin' on grackles too. Although, does make for generous selection. Maybe we should go to the east of town."
    He scratched his chin with a poetic psychosis.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 pm

"I think, perhaps, a single vombie may be a safer idea at the moment," Seth murmured, keeping his eyes peeled for any wanderers. Most of what he was seeing was trash blowing around, but sooner or later he should spot something more interesting. Like that. The thing about a hundred meters down the road, appearing to be kneeling over and chewing on a God-knows-what. He silently indicated it to Rye, and scanned the area for any more of them.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Tue May 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Nodding rather emphatically, Rye honed in on the figure. Removing a laser pointer from the waistband of her cargo pants, she twirled it in her fingers, faster, faster, trying not to eye the store to their left. Purple LED lights flickered spasmodically in the corner of her vision, and Rye was certain she could find combat boots. The things had a knack for finding her.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 pm

((Wait, has Rye been confirmed as a 'she'?))
    Seth noted the object spinning in the corner of his eye, and noting what seemed to be the lack of a pointed end ruled out that Rye was throwing a knife at it. He positioned himself so that a car kept him out of the vomb's vision, and crept up behind it. He'd have to move again to be to the back of it, however noise was the main concern while dealing with their senses. He drew slid his knife out of it's sheath and glanced back quickly to see if Rye was following or not.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Wed May 25, 2011 7:23 pm

((What, who? :O))
    Catching Seth's eye, Rye indicated with a two-finger swipe to the north. Dashing behind wrecked cars, she circled round to the other side of the vombie. Trapping em' like animals: the thought ran through her mind and triggered an involuntary frown.
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 pm

When Rye got into position, Seth sent a glint from the dying sun to his/her general direction to let he/she know he was ready. He moved in as swiftly as he possibly could without a noticeable volume, and angled the dagger so when he reached it, he could make it a nice, clean decapitation. Like a guillotine. He checked to see if Rye was heading in from the other direction yet.
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm

((So can these monsters have a weakness?))

Without a second thought, Rye dashed towards the peeling mound of flesh, kamikaze-style. She made sure to draw its full attention, so Seth could sneak up undetected. Hooting, hollering, and brash talking, she drew its milky gaze. Letting out a stench of a roar, it began to drag its shaky limbs toward her. Bouncing, Rye peeked over the vombie's hunched shoulder...
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Seth cut in as the glazed orbs of the vombie turned out of sight. Avoiding any dead leaves and the rest of the mushy God-knows-what that littered the cracked pavement, he moved swiftly and nearly silently, like seaweed caught in a strong current, and had the knife at its neck when he saw the movement out of the corner of his right eye. Large movement. He slid the blade through the spine without so much as a flinch, took hold of the head by the greasy hair. It felt like ink laid out in swathes on paper only to be lifted off, pickled, left in the slimy corpse of a rotting wildebeest for a particularly hot week, then sewn roughly into the creature's head and sprinkled with dirt. He pulled the body by the only slightly protruding vertebrae above the neck, somehow still connected to the body, and squished right in to the molding flesh around it, which is not even worth describing to anyone who enjoys the ability to eat casserole. He dragged it along the ground quickly, tossing the head to Rye, and throwing the body into his arms like a prince might carry his gruesome, decapitated princess. "You'll want to move quickly, and preferably into the shadows," he said as he nodded towards the hulking form which wasn't wasting any time moving their way.

((Can we have different types of vombies? Like in Left 4 Dead, if you've ever played it? I'm thinking maybe their can be larger ones that are semi-impervious to bullets? Like specially bred ones released by the evil organization that started this made to dispose of survivors? And yeah, a weakness would be good. Any ideas?))
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Kaylyn was glad to be rid of the Irish(wo)man, even if it were for just a short amount of time. She half-smiled and went to a side room where no one really ever went to, except for Kaylyn. A box sat in the center of the room, illuminated by a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling.
    She approached the box and opened it silently. The contents of the box were letters written in various languages from various dates in time. The majority of the letters were stamped with a bright red "Classified."
    "Let's see what the government has been hiding from us..." Kaylyn muttered to herself. She got the box entirely by accident; after the illness broke out around the world, Kaylyn stumbled upon it long before she met Rye. Of course, she never showed Rye the box, and never looked at the letters, since Kaylyn believed "ignorance was bliss" and didn't exactly care what went on, as long as she didn't get turned into a vombie. But since Rye and the new member to their group insisted upon studying the creatures, she thought she should at least find out more.
    She scanned the documents quickly. There had to be something of use written in them. Upon looking at the fourth letter, she found something...

(( Hmm...maybe since they're vombies they could be affected by wooden stakes, silver, and fire, if you're looking for more traditional weaknesses.))
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Rye caught the head by the ears. The right one tore off in her hand, and she wrinkled her nose and tried not to gag.
    She looked up as Seth's words registered. Her eyes grew as wide as silver dollars. "Holy sh..."
    The vombie...no, it was too satanic looking to be called a vombie, and way too massive.
    Like a character in a cartoon, she left behind a windy silhouette and sped off after Seth. She tossed the rotten ear behind her, God knows why, and gave the store a mournful look as she left it behind.

((Traditional is good. I also like the different kinds of vombies. Definitely adds some depth to the story if the masterminds of the whole situation were deliberately cutthroat. Oh, and since we're focusing on their heightened senses (I think?), some of their weaknesses could be connected with that. AKA, maybe loud noises bother them.... maybe opera or something? <- that would be hilarious))
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

((Yes!! Loving the ideas so far. And if we're heightening some senses, are we weakening others? Of course different types will have different strengths and weaknesses, too. Can Seth and Rye duck down a side alley, or into a sewer that leads to the house? I was figuring there can be some secret paths here and there to it. Unless you feel like writing a battle scene.))
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 pm

((ooh yeah... hmmm. Maybe regular vombies have incredible sight, and those bigger ones you're hinting at have great hearing? And then another kind could have smell...))
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm

((Yeah! This'll be fun to get creative with, I love designing bad guys! I may even do up some sketches if I ever feel in a draw-y mood Smile. Do you want to lead the expedition into the sewers?))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm