Practicing Prose

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Beginning

crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

The Beginning - Page 6 Empty Re: The Beginning

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Surrounded by the skeletons of unhappy trees, Calantha watched the sun sink below the horizon, plummeting twilight into night's furtive depths. Leaning lazily among the roots of a towering oak, she idly cleaned the blade of her scimitar in the grass.
    Vythica seemed to be slumbering in a restless sleep, and Calantha eyed her suspiciously. Clearly, the Seelie very much wanted vengeance, but then again, so did Calantha. This could all go horribly wrong if Vythica spread the new of Akribis and Lilith's Temple, for there were other powers searching for the vile thing, and this would all be for naught if they caught wind of her quest.
    Then there was the matter of the Blur...
    His form was becoming hazy again, which could only mean his sense was restoring itself. He was a mental creature, Calantha figured.
    She wanted to be ready when he woke up, but her weary limbs had other ideas, and as she leaned against the bark, unconsciousness reeled her into shady nightmares of the wretched past.

Last edited by CrazyCreator on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Vythica awoke some time during the night, shocked awake by some nightmare that she could not remember. She bolted up into a sitting posiition. It took her a moment to remember where she was and what had happened earlier that day.
    The Nixie glanced around the "camp site" and saw that both Drex and the other Unseelie were sleeping.
    I guess this means it's my turn to keep watch. Vythica thought to herself.
    She pulled her knees up close to her chest. The area was dark and creepy and frightened her a bit. She could tell it was going to be a long night.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Seth almost had a panic attack when he woke up, bound and gagged, somewhere he didn't recognize. Wait- that last part wasn't true. It was near the human village Sotoba, but far from the battleground. He noticed the Seelie and Shiftie nearby, and decided that he probably wasn't being kept to be asked to a tea party. He disintegrated himself just enough to slip out of his bonds, and, since it looked like they were both asleep, decided he needed to make a dash for it. But then it hit him. Like a train ((even though there probably aren't trains at this time...)).
    The Legend.
    That's what it was.
    It had to be.
    That's what the voice in his head was telling him, so it must be true.
    It is.
    He knew this needed to get out of his head, this knowledge was of no use to him, an Unseelie. It came with the presence of that Seelie from earlier. Who knew minds were this much more powerful after death? But it still needed to get out. Maybe he could just jump into the river, drift away and be forgotten forever.
    Yes. Do it now.
    The voice was too much. He needed it out. Out now. He made a dash for the river, and was relieved when the water started to lap against his feet. He could just be gone now.
    ((Vythica, I believe you know what to do xD.))
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Not sure exactly what woke her from sleep, Calantha sat up, shaking off frail impressions of ball gowns, plastic smiles and bloody sheets.
    The first thing she saw was the ropes, limp upon the ground. Then she saw the Blur, attempting to flee...
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Vythica noticed the male was attempting to escape and was near the water. Vythica was not going to let him get away.
    She placed her hand in the water and created a type of rope out of it. The watery tendrils moved as Vythica willed them to. They formed a cage-like structure around the male and were about to close in...
    Ha! Vythica thought, that's what you get for breaking my violin.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Seth struggled with the strange confines appearing around him, but to no avail. "Let me go," he whimpered to the bars, more than their creator. "I need to be gooooone."
    ((So, what is this Legend that Seth now knows so much about?))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:51 pm

"Not so tough now, are you?" Vythica taunted with a laugh. "Besides, we can't let you go yet," Vythica nodded in the Sidhe's direction, "She needs you. But I'm sure we can work out some sort of agreement."

((Ask Lizzie, she should be on later.))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 pm

"No, you don't get it! You don't! She's in my head. The one from earlier. SHE NEEDS TO GET OUT!" Seth was on the verge of tears, and his mind felt like it was being torn to shreds inside of him.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 pm

((I will be adding a Seelie soon, Hawthorne the Dhamphyr. Any ideas how I could throw him into the storyline?))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 pm

"I'm sure we'll be able to fix that soon enough," Vythica promised, trying not to feel sorry for the Unseelie. Even though he was her enemy, she couldn't help but feel badly for him.
    "I could play you a song to help you go back to sleep," she said, "maybe it'll help?"

((Maybe he could be travelling with a group of Seelie looking to destroy the Unseelie? Kinda like the Inquisition? Just an idea.))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 pm

((Maybe. I was thinking that maybe he could be Vythica's bodyguard/ally that followed her from her lake, but only caught up now? It said that they're most often seen as bodyguards, so I figured that may be fitting.))
    "Yes. YES!!! Put me out now. Just, please, play better than earlier." Even his signature smirk was too much for him at that point.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 pm

((Alrighty. Good idea!))

Vythica pulled out her violin once more, but this time she took out her bow from the side-pocket of the holder. She placed the violin under her chin and began to play a slow lullaby.
    If he doesn't like this song, it's his problem. She thought, insulted by his remark.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm

The song quickly put Seth out, and he fell gently into the forgiving abyss of sleep.
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Calantha had stood watching, and now she approached the Blur slumped on the ground and the Seelie with her violin.
    "Lucinda is in his head?" she whispered in reverence, and then laughed outright. "Poor soul!" She tapped her chin in wonderment.
    How to silence the old keeper...?

((I'll tell you about the legend on FB, too much for here. And I love Dhampyrs! From Vampire Academy XD aha))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:32 pm

((You'll tell me the Legend too, right? Or am I not supposed to know?))

crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

((He'll tell you when he says it I guess))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

((Okay, sounds good. And don't expect anything from my next character bio, I'm not overflowing with creativity at the moment.))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

"Wow," Vythica said as she stopped playing, "I've never seen anything like that." She was referring to the male's reaction. "Will he be all right?" She tried to sound nonchalant, but the way the Unseelie was acting was...disturbing.

crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 pm

"I'm not sure," Calantha replied honestly. "But whatever pain he endures, he can not die, not with the legend inside him. The magic won't let him." Her eyes burned with blood lust. "He needs to share the knowledge."
    Taking out the herbs she collected earlier, she found a shallow bowl of a rock. She tossed the plants in along with some water, grabbed another small, round stone and began mashing it into a pulp.
    "Will you help with a potion?"
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 pm

((Posted it in the wrong section at first...))

Character Bio
    Name: Hawthorne

Sex: Male

Seelie/Unseelie: Seelie

Race: Dhamphyr

Skill: Light Elements, especially Wind/Air

Appearance: Far from the typical vampiric appearance, Hawthorne got most of his looks from his mother, aside from his ruggedly serious facial features and hypnotizing crystalline red eyes with white pupils. His almost white blond hair nearly matches his white robes, seemingly made of clouds and darkening depending on his mood, and he always has white battle gear hidden underneath. He has a matching white longsword, kept neatly inside a ruby-encrusted sheath. His magical bow, carefully strapped to his back, always has one ruby headed arrow with pure white wood and feathers forming the body. The bow, white with a blood red string, is enchanted to always have an arrow carefully set in place. However, his pale skin, fangs (I've decided not traditional vampire fangs, they're two extra pointed and slightly inwardly curved teeth behind his normal canine ones), and how much he prefers the night are constant reminders of what he could become if he doesn't keep himself in check.

Personality: As straight-shooting as his arrows, he doesn't believe in deception, for better or worse. He lets his opinion be known clearly, though not with ferocity or forcefulness, and is generally a good judge of character.

Background: Raised by his mother, a mortal Monk of Light, and his father, a vampire, he would become either a tool for great destruction or creation at his coming of age, joining either the Seelie court as a monk like his mother, or the Unseelie court to become an assassin. He picked what seemed to be the obvious choice to him, monkhood in the Seelie court. He learned vast skills of the air and elements, and eventually became a bodyguard to various lone Seelies after becoming an official monk.

Other: Among his weapons, an increase in his power, and a few other gifts he received after becoming a Monk of Light, he got a white patterned tattoo of a snake winding up his arm, tail in the right hand and head in his left, dominant, hand. He can expel all or parts it from his body as a mist-based partner in combat, or just materialize the head to add a 'bite' to his punches. ((Sarah, you'll see where I got this idea from if you continue with Soul Eater.))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:56 pm

"I guess so..." Vythica moved so that she sat beside Drex. "What's it for?" She felt slightly uneasy since she had never made a potion before; she never had the need for one. Her violin worked much better than a sleeping potion, since all she had to do was play it, instead of having to force someone to drink something. "What do you need me to do?"
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:02 pm

"Chill this, do not freeze it. The mixture needs to be as cold as death." Calantha smiled grimly and held it out to Vythica. "It will awaken the sixth sense, open his third eye to the spirit world. Hopefully he will be able to gain control over Lucinda's essence with its help and converse with us civilly."

Last edited by CrazyCreator on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 pm

"Vythica," her bodyguard appeared beside her, as if a leaf blown in by the wind. "I thought I asked you, and quite politely this time, to wait for me to gather my equipment. And see what kind of trouble you get in without me? Already kidnapped, since you truly do seem to act like a child at times." Hawthorne drew his sword. "Come on, Unseelie, we might as well start the battle already."
    ((I'm thinking of giving him a nickname of something more wind-sounding, but still serious. Any suggestions? And if you'd rather have it gone differently, than feel free to change what Vythica actually did compared to what he thought she did.))
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Resting the potion safely on the ground, Calantha rose to her feet. "You're mistaken, sir," she said, agitated beyond belief. "Vythica has not been kidnapped. She came of her own accord. We are business partners."
    She toned her Glamour down--plain auburn hair with emerald eyes.
    "I am Sidhe! the ruling race of the Seelie Court. And I will spare your honor and ego, and will not fight...and consequently, defeat, you."
    She smiled charmingly.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm

((Oh no, it's fine the way you wrote it. Maybe look up some baby names? Maybe look at one that literally means 'wind?'))

Vythica got to her feet, "I can take care of myself," she said, hands on her hips, "and it is true that we are partners, but just for the moment. She's agreed to help me track down the Unseelie who attacked on my wedding day."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm